Wolfsberg. History

The name Wolfsberg derives from the man who built the castle, Wolf Walter von Gryffenberg. In around 1576 he erected a grand residence with its own farm in a prominent position above Lake Constance. In 1732 the main building was completely rebuilt in the baroque style by Squire Johannes Zollikofer von Altenklingen, who used it from then on as a summer residence.

At the turn of the 19th century, the new owner Baron Jean Jacques von Högger, had the new château (Parquin House) constructed. It was destined to be used as accommodation for guests. Under Charles Parquin, a former Bonapartist who was close to the court of ex-Queen Hortense in residence at the neighbouring Castle of Arenenberg, Wolfsberg was converted into the first guesthouse in the Canton of Thurgau. The visitor’s books bear witness to the illustrious guests of the time, who included Chateaubriand, Alexandre Dumas, Madame Récamier and Franz Liszt.

In 1970 the castle and estate was acquired by UBS and converted it into a conference, meeting and communications centre for the globally active corporation. In 1975 the completely renovated historic buildings as well as the newly constructed centre went into operation. Since 2008 Wolfsberg has a new hotel wing that is characterised by its transparency and sleek lines integrating it perfectly into the landscape.

 

© Wolfsberg | The Platform for Executive & Business Development

How to find us

  • Wolfsberg Ermatingen

    Wolfsberg Ermatingen

    Contact

    Wolfsberg

    The Platform for Executive & Business Development

    CH-8272 Ermatingen

    Phone: +41 71 663 51 51

    E-Mail: info@wolfsberg.com

    SBB train schedule

    Trip planner

    Taxi


    We recommend taking the train to Weinfelden or Frauenfeld and then a taxi to Wolfsberg. There is no public transport (i.e. bus) to Wolfsberg and Ermatingen has no taxi stand.

    Weinfelden

    Phone: +41 71 622 22 55

    Frauenfeld

    Phone: +41 52 720 44 44

  • Seepark Thun

    Seepark Thun

    Contact

    Congress Hotel Seepark

    Seestrasse 47

    CH-3600 Thun

    Phone: +41 33 226 12 12

    E-Mail: info@seepark.com

    SBB train schedule

    Trip planner

    By public transport

    • From the international airports Zurich/Geneva approximately 2 hours train journey to Thun (you may need to change trains in Bern)
    • From the local airport Bern Belp by taxi in approximately 30 minutes
    • From the Thun train station every 10 to 15 minutes with the number 1 bus service from Thun train station to Gwatt Deltapark in 5 minutes (Seepark stop)
    • By taxi from Thun train station (5 minutes)

     

    By car

    • Take autobahn exit Thun Süd, continue 1km in the direction of Thun, past MMM Migros Zentrum.
    • Continue 1 km to the traffic lights
    • After 600m, turn right at the Hotel Holiday into Seestrasse (sign for Seepark)
    • Continue another 500m to the Congress Hotel Seepark Thun

    Seepark Thun has limited parking in the underground garage and around the hotel. We ask that guests use public transport where possible.

    GPS: 47.657955, 9.078122